A large population study (n=2475) done in Israel showed insulin resistance is present in the great majority of hypertensive patients. 83.4% of the hypertensives were either glucose-intolerant or obese -- both established insulin-resistant conditions. Fasting and post-load insulin levels in a representative subgroup (n = 1,241) were significantly elevated in hypertension pts independent of obesity, glucose intolerance, age, and antihypertensive medications. This study was published in 1985! (J Clin Invest 1985;75:809)
- Our Mission
- Is the US dietary guideline based on science or politics ?
- What is insulin resistance?
- Videos in English
- Mediterranean Diet
- New Cardiovascular risk marker
- Can we prevent chronic diseases?
- Are you addicted to sugar?
- What is type 3 diabetes?
- Carbohydrate loading for exercise -- myth?
- Omega 6 and 3 Imbalance
- Replacing saturated fat with Omega-6 Polyunsaturated fat
- Useful links
Eat animal fats
Don't fear fat. Eating saturated fat will not make you fat. Eating refined carbs will.